Saturday, December 12, 2009

Borsodi






Borsodi-I stumbled upon this artist named Borsodi while doing a mass google image search. His playfulness with materials, imagination, inventiveness, and fashion photography makes him a good resource for young artists. However, the initial images I saw of his work were classroom friendly, as I dug deeper I realized there were definitely some images that would be inappropriate for the classroom. Which brings me to the question, is it okay to show images that are decent for the classroom, but may tempt students to investigate other (maybe indecent) works? 

His other work incorporates fashion and consumerism in combination with sexuality. He does a lot of advertisements for fashion magazines (which is where he gets some of his materials), so I wonder if he is commenting on femininity, beauty, identity and consumerism or not. He has gotten a bad rap from feminist groups for his combination of nude model in sexual poses with designer goods.  I can totally see why. One site I looked at said that although he has gotten a bad reputation, he has opened the door for conversations about women as objects for male consumption. 


Here are links to look at all his work ( this is where i got all my images from)

http://www.belaborsodi.com/

http://www.art-dept.com/artists/borsodi/


No comments:

Post a Comment